31 Mar DIY Crafts For The Easter Holidays
It’s time to try some DIY craft as it’s the Easter holidays here in the UK, which for many means two whole weeks of spending time with family and celebrating the joys of spring and new birth. I was asked by Etsy UK to come up with 5 simple DIY craft ideas that you can do with children, letting you get creative indoors, when it is likely raining out.
Feel free to use the free downloads I created, or make your own masks and flowers out of left over paper and card in your house. This is your opportunity to let your imagination run free.
Please only do crafts involving scissors with adult supervision.
- Easter Bunny Mask – A classic favourite, an Easter mask can be easily made using simple white card or even paper plates which you might have available at home. Cut out the face shape and eye holes, and attach ears with superglue. Decorate with flowers, whiskers, bows and more to make your bunny truly unique.
- Spring Flower Garland – This is a really pretty craft idea, and is perfect for Spring time. You can easily make paper flowers using colourful paper or old magazines and newspapers. Make them flat or 3Dimensional, and string them together and hang along your mantle.
- Spring Flower Wreath – I think this is a perfect opportunity to use real flowers if possible as it’s the right time of year to celebrate all the beautiful new blooms available. If this isn’t possible though, why not use the same flowers you used for your garland and apply them to a circle of card with lots of leaf shapes to add depth. String this up and hang from a window.
- Easter Egg Colouring Page – Who doesn’t like colouring in on a rainy day? Draw your own designs in black and white, or use the fun collection of eggs I have provided.
- Easter Patterns – Use to make easter egg holders or decorate boxes and baskets.
Download your free DIY Easter Crafts HERE.
View more of my illustration work HERE.
Shop illustrated gifts on my Etsy UK shop HERE.