24 Apr My 12 Week ‘Mini Makes’ Challenge
Today, I wanted to share my intentions for the next 12 weeks. My plan or manifesto, if you like.
I have been so inspired by all those taking part in the 100 days of project, but I wanted to do something that wasn’t daily and that had a more relaxed feel to it. I also wanted it to be a skill or material I have no experience with, so that by the end I may (or may not) be better.
That’s why, starting from the week of the 25th April, I am going to start a 12 week challenge where twice a week I make a mini object out of air dry clay. It’s a material I have recently come across but have little experience with, so it will be a time for learning and experimentation.
I have set myself a few parameters to keep it consistent which I will list below:
- I will make 2 air dry clay objects each week for 12 weeks (except the week I may be away, in which case, I will prep before)
- The maximum height will be 4″
- The maximum diameter will be up to 5″
- I will decorate each with a unique pattern
- Each ‘mini make’ will be documented weekly and put onto this blog and other social media channels
- At the end I will document all 24 (hopefully) in a beautiful final photoshoot.
Follow along on Instagram with the #Alice’sMiniMakes.